What Jo says about...
what she will do after book 7
Please note: unless you see quotemarks, these are summaries, and not JKR's words themselves. Please see the linked article for the actual text.
This page is currently under construction.
- "The only reason you'll ever see an eighth Harry Potter book is if I really, in ten years time, burn to do another one, but at the moment I think that's unlikely." [Read the exact quote from National Press Club, 1999]
- JKR: "I won't say 'never,' but I have no plans to write an eighth book." [Read the exact quote from Scholastic chat, 2000]
- JKR: "if there's ever an eighth, it will be because ten years down the line I had a burning desire to do just one more, but I don't presently think that will happen, However, I think I might write a kind of Harry Potter Encyclopaedia & give the royalties to charity so ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!" [Read the exact quote from AOL chat, 2000]
- If there is an eighth Harry Potter book, it will be to raise money for charity. "It could be the encyclopaedia of the world (of Hogwarts) and then I could rid myself of every last lurking details, but no not a novel." [Read the exact quote from Ananova, 2001 ]
- "JK Rowling and her agents have categorically denied that an eighth Harry Potter adventure is planned" [Read the exact quote from Newsround, 2002]
- We won't need prequels by the time she's done with the series. [Read the exact quote from World Book Day, 2004]
- There will be no prequels; we won't need them. [Read the exact quote from Edinburgh Book Festival, 2004]
- Jo might do "a kind of encyclopaedia" for charity [Read the exact quote from Jo's website]
- The most likely thing JK would write Potter-wise after Book 7 "would be an encyclopedia in which I could have fun with the minor characters and I could give the definitive biography of all the characters." [Read the whole quote from the Leaky Cauldron, 2005]
- JKR: "I think I can say categorically that I will not write another fantasy after Harry." [Read the whole quote from Time Magazine, 2005]
- A new children's book, a 'political fairy story' about a monster is complete, and she has written some short stories. [Read the whole quote from the Tatler, 2006]
- Jo still says she might do a kind of encyclopedia of the Wizarding World for charity after Book 7. [Read the whole quote from R&J, 2006]
- JKR: "I admire the people who go out when people still want more." [Read the whole quote from R&J, 2006]
- In June 2006 Jo was halfway through writing a fairy tale for younger children. [Read the whole quote from R&J, 2006]
- MORE: book 1 | book 2 | book 3 | book 4 | book 5 | book 6 | book 7 | after book 7